- The Holy Rosary- Everyday 4:30am-5am.
- The Wake Up Show(The Happiest Show on Radio) with Vince & Tracy - Weekdays 6am-10am.
- Easy Reading (Sponsored by National Bookstore) - 9-9:30am.
- Office Radio- Weekdays 10am-2pm.
- Office Talk Wednesday & Thursday
- Afternoon Cruise- Weekdays 2pm-4pm
- Stage 1 Wednesday
- Life Lessons Thursday
- C&C Music Factory- Weekdays 4pm-8pm.
- Choosy Tuesday
- Desert Island Discs - Wednesday 6pm-7pm.
- Midweek Melee Thursday
- 10 Strong - Friday 6-7pm.
- Movies to Watch - Friday 7-8pm.
- Famous Birthdays - last part.
- Mellow Nights- Weekdays 8pm-12mn
- Quickfix - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9pm-10pm.
- Whatever Wednesday
- Relationships Thursday
- Girl Talk- Weekends 8pm-12mn.
I can clearly say that this is my favorite FM station in the country. This is aired in an English medium. As far as I have observed, it caters the classes B and C of the public. I personally like this station because the type of music they play everyday isn’t just some melodic tune we hear but it is somehow the good music in both ears and minds of the listeners.
The station began broadcasts in 1973 (when the Philippines was under Martial Law) as DWLL-FM, The Mellow Touch, one of the pioneer FM stations that did not have live announcers and music DJs in their programming. The station relied entirely on the pre-recorded voice-over of retired former DWBL disc jockey Butch Gonzales to bridge segues between songs. Butch Gonzales’ taped voice-over also served the purpose of an occasional time-check, usually at the “Top” and “Bottom” of certain hours of each day. Butch Gonzales’ voice also became the Mellow Touch’s signature voice, as he softly reminded the loyal listeners of tunes for “a bike ride along the boulevard”, every hour as the Station ID jingle plays. The sound of his voice instantly translates to soft sentimental music that was clearly associated with the Mellow music of this FM station at the time.
The broadcasting area is around the Metro Manila while the formt is Adult Contemporary. The station is based in Mandaluyong City.
Mellow Touch’s predominantly easy listening format continued, gradually increasing pace and energy with the restoration of democratic rule in 1986, until just over 5 years ago, it started to accommodate on-air jocks and began to play largely pop alternative songs in-between the standard love songs. Today, to emphasize this shift in programming, it has changed their station title to just plain Mellow 947. Its programs now generally aim to bring out the mellow side of pop-alternative and light rock music fans. And it did not fail to reach their aim.